While doing photography, every professional discovers some tips and tricks which they never knew before or others didn’t tell them about. These tips might prove to be helpful for others as well. So if you have come here in search of those tips then, you can find them below:
Tips for Wedding Photography:
- When you are capturing formal pictures, continue taking the pictures after the couple thinks that you are done. Some of the best images turn out to be the ones which are taken when everyone relaxes after a formal pose.
- Ask the couple to pick a family member who can organize the rest of the family during group shots. This can keep things moving and the photos will be taken before people get frustrated or bored.
- You must capture the small details that make that wedding unique.
- Keep a location already in your mind so that you can plan ahead and take care of the lighting before taking the final pictures.
- If you smile often, the others will naturally smile at you.
Tips for Digital Photography:
- Your camera’s flash isn’t just for using inside or for dark shots. It can be also used outside to prevent the shadows from appearing where you don’t want them, such as under the eyes or nose.
- Get a UV filter and always keep it on your camera so that it doesn’t get any scratches.
- A picture involves two important aspects; the subject and the background. Don’t just focus on one and completely forget the other. The tendency is often to get only the subject right. Therefore, keep both of the aspects in mind.
- If you don’t have a camera which uses filters, you can still get the ‘filter’ effect by covering the lens with a pair of sunglasses.
- Your instincts tell you to always place your subject at the middle. However, try taking an off-center picture. That can also be very eye-catching.
- Your background can look unrelated to the picture if it is too cluttered or busy.
- When you have to take candid shots, switch your camera to its continuous shooting mode. This way, it will click multiple shots at a time and you will have that perfect shot that you want.
Tips for Portrait Photography:
- Make your subject sit down. This will make them relaxed as it can create a casual atmosphere.
- Give your subject something to hold. When their hands are full, they won’t fidget nervously and have something else to focus on.
- Keep it simple. A complex picture doesn’t always make for a great photo.
- Laughter is the best thing which can make a tense subject loosen up.
- Squared shoulders make your subject look out of proportion. Therefore, to create balance in the image, slightly angle the person’s shoulders. This way, the viewer’s eye will ease into the central focus.
- If a picture is shot slightly below the subject’s eye line, a captivating quality is captured in the picture.