Photography is an art these days. It has turned into a flourishing profession. The scope of opportunities is constantly increasing. The main reason behind this is the continuous growth of photography technologies. The main equipment of photography – Cameras have come a long way in terms of innovation. Professional photographers emphasise a lot on buying the right camera and its equipment. Photographers constantly lookout for new ideas to click a masterpiece. This hunt made humans want to take pictures inside water. With the launch of waterproof cameras, a new dimension of photography was opened for photographers – Underwater photography.
History of Cameras
Cameras have a long history of development. The concept of a camera was developed from a device named “Camera Obscura.” The device was used to project an image of surroundings on a screen. This technology was combined with image development on a paper. First generation cameras were used to develop an image on a paper coated with chemicals. There was no digital mode of photography. The first camera photograph was taken in 1816. With further development, the size of cameras reduced and their functioning improved. Kodak became a pioneer in the camera industry. They also launched the first digital camera in 1975, which gave commercial photography a boost.
With the introduction of digital cameras, the race of innovation became faster with firms launching cameras with better quality and portability. SLRs and DSLRs were launched. As the contest of innovation got intense, Waterproof cameras and travel cameras came into light. These cameras are made for harsh surroundings and can even work under the water. Camera producers are now competing on providing tougher cameras with clearer quality. They aim to produce images as realistic as our eyes see. Traditional photography cameras are now facing tough competition from smartphone cameras.
Benefits of owning a waterproof camera
- A photographer gets the chance to show his creativity underwater with a waterproof camera. The possibilities of clicking a masterpiece increases.
- The worries of keeping the camera safe in rainy weather are eliminated. A photographer can click beautiful pictures in any weather.
- Waterproof cameras act as great travel vlogging equipment.
- There are waterproof cameras which can be attached to body parts, helmets, etc. This helps in creating fascinating footage during adventure sports.
- Waterproof cameras are a blessing for wildlife photographers. They can click beautiful images of aquatic life present beneath the water surface.
- Waterproof cameras do not compromise in image quality. They may have even welled controls and features for professional photography.
- Waterproof cameras are made to bear pressure. They are tougher and more durable when used properly.
Buying a waterproof camera
- Know your requirements first – Why do you want a waterproof camera? Your reasons will help you in choosing the right camera. If you want to do underwater photography, you should go for high-end waterproof DSLRs. If you want it for adventure sports, choose a small waterproof camera.
- Decide a budget – Shopping for cameras can become tempting. Decide your budget as the first step of market research. Certainly, you don’t want to feel bad after looking at the high-end specification of unaffordable cameras. Select a range and do your research around that price range.
- Size of the camera – Sometimes the size of a camera becomes an issue. If you want an easily portable camera, choose a smaller camera. Heavy cameras can sometimes impact your happiness as a photographer. The weight of the camera matters too.
- Check the waterproofing ability of camera – Cameras have different water resisting abilities. You can take some cameras to an underwater depth of 10 feet while some to 30 feet. So, choose your camera accordingly.
- Get a camera with full manual mode – If you want to snap amazing underwater photos, you will need to change ISO, Aperture and shutter speeds because you cannot take help of photography lighting equipment and photography backdrops. Make sure that your camera has an option to adjust these settings manually. Learn about these settings from photography classes or other experts.
- Do proper research before buying – Go through different photography websites, comparison blogs, etc. to find the best camera in the selected price range. Compare different brands;look at review comments and videos online to make the best choice. You can either buy online or go to an electronic store or photography studio.
Waterproof cameras are a blessing for professional photographers. With a great camera and correct equipment, A photographer can skilfully click amazing underwater images.